2lbs finely ground pork, containing some fat (we used ground pork from US Wellness Meats)
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
2 teaspoons dried sage, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tspn dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 beaten egg (for dipping)
1 cup almond flour for coating the eggs
Expeller pressed organic coconut oil ( we use Spectrum)
1. Boil eggs, cool, peel and set aside
2. In a large bowl mix ground pork with parsley, dried onion flakes, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Divide pork mixture into 8 balls.
4. One at a time, take a ball of pork mixture in one hand and flatten to a circle using your other hand. Place a hard boiled egg in the center of the flattened pork mixture and wrap egg to coat it completely, making sure there are no gaps. Repeat with other eggs.
5. Roll each pork-coated egg lightly in 1/2 cup of the almond flour that has been spread on a plate
6. Dip each egg in beaten egg and then roll each again in the remaining 1/2 cup almond flour.
7. Heat 2-3 inches of oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees and lower 2-3 eggs at a time into the hot oil and fry for approx 10 minutes until golden brown. (For even browning, after 5 minutes gently turn the eggs over with a slotted spoon and continue frying)
8. Drain well on paper towels
9. Serve sliced in half with a side of dijon mustard and a green salad tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (see pictures on our Facebook page).
10. In keeping with British tradition, a gluten-free ale would be perfect served with this however we served an argentinian malbec