White Lion Apple Pudding Cake
White Lion Apple Pudding Cake 4 organic apples, peeled and sliced thickly
3 tablespoons water
1/2 to 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to your taste)
3oz coconut flour + 2 teaspoons
1/2 tspn sea salt
1/4 tspn baking soda (packed tight)
1/3 cup melted unsalted grass-fed organic butter, cooled slightly
1/2 cup honey
1 T vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8″ glass baking dish with sides at least 2″ high.
- Peel, core and chop or slice apples then place them in a medium saucepan with 3 tablespoons water and 1/2 to 1 tablesoon honey. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and steam the apples over low-medium heat till just tender (about 5-10 minutes). Mix in the cinnamon, place into baking dish and then set aside to cool while you make the vanilla cake topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- In a small bowl, blend together eggs, melted butter, honey and vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients into dry and blend with an electric hand-held mixer until smooth.
- Spoon batter evenly over the apples and smooth the top. Bake for approx 22 minutes or until lightly browned and just firm.
- Serve warm or cold. Note: Peaches, pears, apricots or berries make great substitutions for the apple. You could even add some coconut to the cake portion This really is such a versatile recipe and one that’s a staple in our home. If you’re really short on time, the cake portion of the recipe can be replaced with our White Lion Vanilla Cake Mix available under White Lion Baking Mixes. If using our mix, simply double the amount of fruit and use a larger glass dish instead, or use half the mix and save half for another cake or dessert.